Friday 7 February 2014

Awful weather continues...

Well this sucks.... This is the wettest winter I've ever known. The rivers have been flooded since mid December, even the canal has been unfishable.... My syndicate lake was sold a few weeks back so I've been left without a local lake to fish. All in all I've not had the best few months in terms of wetting a line. But I must not despair, things will get better.

I'm sure I'm not the only one suffering from an acute lack of fishing so I thought I'd share with you a few videos to remind you why we like spending our time by water, getting cold and wet. 

Firstly a little bit of LRF, I can't express how much fun LRF is. So here you go:


Secondly a video from daiwa, this is truly inspirational stuff and just a teaser of the final video:


(Apologies for the Facebook link). 

While I haven't been fishing for a few weeks now, it doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about it! I've entered two of the Fox Rage sponsored British Lure angling Championship qualifiers. 


Details of which can be found here:


I've been experimenting with lure rigging options, the jika setup looks promising and is something you rarely see being used. Seen here with an ecogear ikajaco and para max.


A cool little product I bought lately is the raw finesse mini scale and PB marks. 

The PB marks are small species specific stickers used to mark you PBs on the fish measure. 
My PB perh all marked up:



 

The mini scale also packs down to nice small size, ideal for the modern mobile lure angler.

Hopefully this weather clears up and I can get out soon! But with another storm predicted tonight/tomorrow morning it may be a while....

Hope your all having more luck getting out than I am. Tight lines and be lucky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment